Mercedes-Benz 230SL Pagoda
Meticulously Restored 1964 320 SL
Call us on
Here we have on offer for sale a superb example of a 1964 vintage Mercedes 230 SL RHD automatic convertible car. This is a lovely example is finished in white with a stunning blue interior and roof.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase and own a superior classic Mercedes. Subject to a loving restoration, this car is testament to the persistence and strict detailing requirement of the present owner. The car has factory fitted power steering and an accessory third/ kinder seat.
No expense or effort has been spared during its entire restoration. The vehicle has received a full engine rebuild with new pistons, gearbox overhaul, front suspension, rear axle and prop shaft balanced together. All rubber trims have been replaced. All numbers are matching correct to the data sheet when the car was delivered new. The chrome work is in great condition.
The car is finished in Old English white to factory code with a lovely blue leather interior which was re-trimmed in Germany complete with a full set of new factory spec carpets and a sonnenblend soft top.
An unusual registration number 22 GDP is included and an inspection is welcome by appointment; call us today on 0208 118 2299.
A brief chronology of the most notable changes made to the 230 SL:
- 10/1963: First 230 SL with automatic transmission.
- 09/1964: Spare tire well removed, tire mounted horizontally.
- 11/1964: Optional tinted/thermal glass and new soft-top with steel bows (distinguished by missing chrome trim on the outer trailing edge).
- 04/1964: US models with radio Becker Europa TR instead of Europa TG
- 08/1965: Some harmonization with new W 108/W 109 sedans, incl. new floor panels, combined brake and clutch fluid reservoir, trunk light and interior changes. US models with hazard lights.
- 03/1966: Mounts for three-point seat belts added.
- 05/1966: Optional ZF 5-speed manual transmission; rare and now very desirable.